When I have time I like making good Asian dish for myself. It’s healthy, tasty, and simple to cook. Today, I made Beef Noodle Stir Fry for dinner. It’s so tasty and healthy. Every bite takes me home (I borrow this line from the film “The Hundred-Foot Journey”….hehe…..) – to Thailand. It’s amazing how food can affect your mind, bring back good memories, make you feel like coming home, especially if you’re an expatriate like me. Every time I eat Thai food, I think about the exotic palm-dotted islands in Thailand, the waterfalls, the mountains, the jungles, and similar. Last time I was back in Thailand was about 6-7 years ago. So, I start to miss it. But not so much anymore. I would love to go back one day, just for vacation.
Now for the Beef Noodle Stir Fry Recipe
For 4 People (if you want to make for two just use half of the ingredients)
Preparing Time: About 30 mins.
400 Grams diced beef or beef tenderloin, thinly sliced.
375 Grams boiled egg noodles (bring water to boil over medium heat, add egg noodles, cook about 3-4 mins. and drain.)
100 Grams sliced mushrooms
240 Grams baby vegetable for stir fry
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
4 Tablespoons kikkoman soy sauce
1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes, or add more if you like it spicy
1 Stock pot rich beef
500 Milliliters of water
4 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 Tablespoons kikkoman soy sauce (optional)
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- Marinate the beef for about 30 mins.
- In the meantime, start preparing the food by stir-frying the vegetables in 1-2 Tablespoons cooking oil over medium high heat for about a couple of minutes. Transfer from the pan or wok into a big bowl.
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons of cooking oil in the same pan or wok and stir-fry the beef over medium high heat, until it’s almost finished. Then transfer it into a bowl or plate.
- Add 500 ml. of water into the same pan or wok, and the heat is still medium high heat. When the water is boiling add beef stock pot, garlic, kikkoman soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir everything together.
- Then add beef, noodles, and vegetables, and stir fry everything together for about a few minutes, or until the sauce/water has reduced.
- Turn off the heat and serve straight away in a small bowl for each person. Enjoy!
The ingredients you need.
Stock pot rich beef.
Beef noodle stir fry.